Holy Week Services 2016
- Palm Sunday 20thof March 10.00am combined parish worship, Sung Eucharist at St Clement’s Church Enfield.*NB Parish Vestry will follow the combined Palm Sunday Service*.
- Tuesday in Holy Week 22nd of March 9am Lectio Divina and Centering Prayer at St Philips’s Church Broadview.
- Tuesday in Holy Week 22nd of March 12-1.30pm Ecumenical Lenten Study final and shared lunch at Broadview Baptist Church, 1 Collingrove Ave.
- Wednesday in Holy Week 23rdMarch 11am Eucharist at Oakwood Aged Care.
- Maundy Thursday 24th March 10am Eucharist at St Clement’s Church Enfield.
- Maundy Thursday 24th March 7pm Eucharist at St Philips’s Church Broadview.
- Good Friday 25thMarch 10am Combined Service St Clement’s church Enfield. *NB Good Friday Service is followed by Hot Cross buns in St Clement’s hall.
- Easter Sunday 27th of March 8.30am Sung Eucharist at St Clement’s Church Enfield.
- Easter Sunday 27th of March 10.00am Sung Eucharist at St Philips’s Church Broadview.
The Season of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday and runs up to Holy Saturday. In the Christian Church the season is marked with the themes of prayer, giving charitably and doing good works in our everyday lives. The liturgical colour is purple.
Ecumenical Lenten Study
The parish Lenten study provides an opportunity to reflect on the seasonal themes of prayer, giving charitably and doing good works in our everyday lives. The studies also provide a good way to become more involved in the life of the parish and to get to know new people on a deeper level. This year’s study is also intentionally ecumenical. Studies last approximately an hour and a half and will run at St Philip’s church hall in Broadview.
- Tuesday mornings 10am- 11.30am during Lent in St Philip’s Church Hall
- Tuesday 22nd March 12-1.30pm Ecumenical Study Luncheon at Broadview Baptist- Joining with friends from the Broadview Baptist and Broadview Uniting Church communities for our final study session .
Shrove Tuesday & Ash Wednesday
- Shrove Tuesday Feb 9th 6pm Pancakes at St Philip’s Broadview
The Ash Wednesday services include imposition of ashes as we mark the beginning of Lent.
- Wednesday February 10th 10am St Philips Church Broadview
- Wednesday February 10th 7pm St Philips Church Broadview
Much of the world’s chocolate is made with cocoa sourced from countries that use child slavery in their harvesting practices. Please consider buying Fair Trade or reputably accredited chocolate this Easter. It is more expensive, but that is because it does not use slave labour.